Lenovo has launched two Windows 8 laptops called the IdeaPad Y500 and Z500. Both laptops have third-generation Intel processors and their high-end models come with graphic cards.
Lenovo IdeaPad Y500 comes with an UltraBay that lets users add an extra graphics card, hard disk drive or an additional fan for cooling. The 15.6-inch laptop has a carbon fibre cover, and a backlit keyboard with a touchpad. Users should face no problems typing in dark rooms as the keyboard has backlighting. The IdeaPad Y500 costs Rs 64,290.
Lenovo claims IdeaPad Z500 is among the slimmest laptops available in market. It is also a 15.6-inch device, but has less powerful hardware when compared to the Y500. It costs Rs 48,990.
The key specifications for both laptops are as follows.
Lenovo IdeaPad Y500
- 3rd generation Intel® Core i7 processor
- NVIDIA® GeForce GT 650M 2GB DDR5 graphics
- 16GB DDR3 memory, up to 1TB HDD storage
- 750GB interchangeable HDD storage bay
- Bluetooth, 802.11n Wi-Fi connectivity
- USB 2.0, USB 3.0 and 6in1 card reader
- Always-on USB port – lets you recharge a mobile device even when the notebook is powered off and unplugged
- Interchangeable DVD reader
- JBL speakers and Dolby Home Theater v4
Lenovo IdeaPad Z500
- 3rd generation Intel Core i7 processor
- NVIDIA GeForce GT 645M 2GB graphics
- 15.6″ Backlit LED HD display (1366×768), 16:9 widescreen
- Up to 8GB DDR3 memory, up to 1TB HDD storage
- Bluetooth & 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi connectivity
- Intelligent Touchpad optimised for Windows 8, with easy scroll, zoom and rotate functions